counter

Thursday, October 15, 2009

LOST

Now I know what it feels like to lose something. Something you love and feel incomplete without. Something you see every day, then one day, you come home its just not there anymore.

This morning I hear our cat Rhapsody has gotten out again. (He does this a lot so it wasn't a surprise.) But then I hear no one knows how or when he got out. The door was just open and he wasn't in our house. But still, as soon as Mariah he would come running. (Again, from experience.) Or at least he would come home to find shelter. It was raining/snowing (SNOW!!) outside. And he wouldn't want to be wet for long.

Mariah goes out multiple times while getting ready, not once did she see or hear Rhapsody. But still I'm not worried. He will come home. At least when he is ready.
So we head to school and forget about it. I was sure Dad would find him, and when we got home he would be waiting for us.

After school, on the bus, I remember. I text Mom to see if he had been found. He hadn't. Then that's when I started to freak out. Our cat was gone! MooShu would be our only cat. He is the lazy one so Marva would never play with them again. No way MooShu could be our only cat! Me and Mariah got the brothers together, it wasn't even a year since we had them! He couldn't be gone now.

I started to tear up, but since I was still on the bus I couldn't lose it. I thought of something else.



As soon as I got home I went to Mariah's room, where I would find MooShu and Rhapsody taking their after school nap. Dad had surly found him. I looked on the bed and saw MooShu and... not Rhapsody. I broke down then.

After burring my face in MooShu's fur I looked into the mirror. I saw myself. Red-faced and tear stained cheeks. I whimpered. I hadn't looked this bad in a while. I pulled myself together and decided to go look for him.

I walked outside and looked across to the neighbors backyard. If I was a cat, where would I want to go the most? The cornfield of course!! I walked over and went in a row. I called, Heeeeeeere kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty! My voice cracking. I walked back to my house. I wasn't in the mood to look for him in the huge cornfield or the woods beside it.

I tried to think positive once getting inside. He's probably having a blast. He loves it outside. And besides, there wont be as much kitty litter anymore. That didn't make me feel any better. I walked into the living room and found Marva and MooShu looking at me, as if to say "Did you find him?" I sighed and decided it was time for Marva to go outside to do her business. I had neglected her when I first got home.

Then Mom and Dad got home. I heard them talking. "The door is open, McKenna must have gone looking for Rhapsody." Again I lost it. I told them no, it was just 'cause I let Marva out.
Pretty soon I was leaning on Dad crying into his shirt. I felt like I was once again 8 and I had a skinned knee. He told me where he was, and I told him where I thought he was. I would rather believe his. That Rhapsody went into someones garage, then the people left for work and he is still in there. And all we have to do is wait for the people to get home. My mom thinks we should ask the neighbors about him or make 'Missing Cat' posters.

So now I sit here writing this. There are no more tears, just prayers and hope that Rhapsody will return on his own.
*



Sometimes it takes a tragedy to write a long post.

5 comments:

Cryderman said...

HE WILL COME HOME!!!!!!!! DON`T WORRY!!!!

Karaeleanor said...

Kenna-
Don't worry. Wherever Rhapsody is, he will be missing you too, and will soon realize that he'd better get home soon. He'll come home, i'll be praying, we all will. Don't worry. And it's okay to cry. Especially when you feel you need to. Don't hold it in, let it out, and you'll feel better. Remember, I'll be praying and hoping right along with you. Love you so much!!!
KEK

kool kenna said...

:) thanks so much. goodness i miss him. all today mooshu has been looking around the house and meowing for him. :(

Heidi Lee said...

I heard he is BACK!!! YEAH! That must have been very scary and sad. I understand.

When I was pregnant with Crisilee, grandma and grandpa put my dog Chummy to sleep...and never even told me. I was ok with it because he lived with grandma and grandpa and I lived far away with Uncle Chris..but I was still sad for alittle while.

We had to let Jack go. He peed in the house so I put him out..FOREVER. We wondered if he would stay around, or run away, but so far he has stuck around and I think he really likes it outside!

Of course, he does meow at the door a lot...I just close the curtains when he does that. I am heartless when it comes to cats who ruin my carpet. He was a great indoor kitty though.

Kulio said...

I loved this post! It made me so sad, but sometimes those are the best kind! You are a good describer.

Even better, was reading Aunt Heidi's comment that he is BACK!!!